Poggio De Medici Golf Resort, Tuscany, Italy









How do you imagine a golf course set in the Tuscany countryside, among beautiful rolling hills and picturesque scenery? Poggio de Medici Golf is the perfect answer. Located just a few miles from Florence, in the wonderful scenic Mugello hills (not far from Mugello race circuit), this 18 holes Par 72 championship course is one the top ranked in Italy and Europe.
I spent here a magic weekend with my wife (she took some of the photos you'll see) and my son.
Great views from every hole, dramatic elevation changes, tricky greens and really challenging holes are among the features of this immaculate golf course. 
Designed by italian architects Baldovino Dassù and Alvise Rossi Fioravanti, Poggio de Medici Golf opened in 1995 and since then hosted five times the Italian Ladies Open and it is an yearly location of the Mugello Tuscany Open, a Challenge Tour tournament (Operated by the European Tour).
The clubhouse is an incredible 16th century mansion where you can relax after 18 holes. Or you can even spend a few days staying on one of the beautiful rooms of the luxury UNA Poggio de Medici (mine was right on the first tee!!).



Par 4 hole 1..view from my room



Marvelous Tuscany...view of Scarperia village from the 15th green



16th century clubhouse
Poggio de Medici Golf Resort, right behind the 1st tee
Right in the middle!!

Par 4 1st green




Par 5 2nd green
Par 4 3rd green
Par 4 5th green and behind the long uphill Par 5 7th

Ready to tee off on Par 4 4th

Short Par 3 6th..and me on the tee box

Great view from the 11th green


One of my favorite holes..par 4 17th


Great finishing hole..Par 5 18th







Great finishing hole..Par 5 18th

On the 18th..putting for birdie...ending with par







2 comments:

  1. So envious of your travels! This is my most favorite destination in all of Italy. It just brings me back to my honeymoon when my husband and I secured a Tuscany villa for rent and spent the summer golfing and drinking wine. Absolute paradise!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS